INFINERGIES is a design office in electric power conversion specialised in digitally controlled power electronics. Whether you are a company looking for expertise in this field, or simply lacking specialised resources, we are here to help you in your projects. We work for a flat fee or as contractors, autonomously or in “co-design” with your team, depending on what your requirements and your constraints are.
Our main activity consists in designing custom power converters or part thereof, starting with specifications and delivering ready-to-industrialise prototypes, whether it is a strategic project for your company, or a non-critical product that you don’t have the time and/or the resources to develop internally.
We also offer other high value added services, such as:
- Pre-project risk analysis and mitigation
- RFI/RFQ support: pre-design, specification analysis in order to highlight hard design issues and risks
- Support for power converter EMC design and EMC testing: magnetics selection, ground architecture, switching frequencies, topologies, layout, etc. according to DO-160, ABD100 and MIL-STD-461, EN 55022 for instance
- Semiconductor characterisation and support in components selection based on the topology and technico-economic constraints: IGBT, thyristor, MOSFET, diodes, BJT, new technologies (SiC & GaN), conduction and switching losses, cosmic radiations
- Passive components characterisation: AC losses in magnetics (core losses, skin effect, proximity effect), parasitic components and electrical model elaboration
- Custom current and voltage sensor design
- Benchmarking of competitor’s hardware
- Design, implementation and testing of windings: magnetic material selection (ferrite, amorphous, nanocrystalline, iron powder…), conductor selection (single wire, litz wire, flat wire, ribbon…)
- In general, any collaboration on demands from your customers that are not part of your development strategy
- Tooling: test benches, back-to-back inverters, custom “hardware in the loop” systems, dedicated “software in the loop” systems, etc.
- Pre-design on topologies or new requirements
- R&D strategy consulting: improvement on existing products by integrating new technologies, system optimisation, development planning, development cost reduction
- Support for production costs and recurring costs in bill of material
- Fully equipped test lab rental, in order to study new technologies such as SiC and GaN semiconductors, whireless power converters, etc.
- Training regarding most power electronics related topics, from EMC to thermal management, including analog and digital control of power converters
Our expertise covers the following topics:
- DC/DC converters, isolated or not
- AC/DC converters with power factor correction, single-phase or multi-phase
- DC/AC converters, single-phase or multi-phase
- Analogically controlled or digitally controlled power converters
We can work on projects with the following characteristics:
- Output voltage up to 6 kV
- Current up to 1000 A
- Permanent power up to 40 kW, pulsed power up to 6 MW
- Frequency up to 2 MHz